Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Dallas 39.5 - the Big Dig starts

1. Back To Top    #1

North Dallas 39.5 - the Big Dig starts

Well the dig is on for tomorrow morning. After months of research, interviewing and selections we are finally starting the pool. I thought this was supposed to be a fun thing but I am really nervous about all the unknowns (or should I say the money for the unknowns). Here's the "canvas" we have to work with here in north Dallas, otherwise known as zero lot line city. I've also posted what it should look like if all goes as planned. I'll post pictures as I go and hopefully in return you all can help calm my nerves.

39 x 16 freeform in-ground gunite, QuartzBrite Midnight Blue finish, 3.5 x 5 x 7, 21,435 gal, 18" elevated spa 8' diameter, 2 Hp Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVGR pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 320 In-line chlorinator, Paramount O3 Ozonator, ScreenLogic II Controller, Polaris 280 cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: North Dallas 39.5 - the Big Dig starts

Looks really nice, but from that shot you posted im curious how a 16x39 pool will fit

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice looking rendering, should be very nice pool
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

4. Back To Top    #4

These pool guys like to embellish their pool sizes by taking the longest width and the longest length. If I had gone geometric I would have a much smaller dimensional pool. The rendering is pretty close to what's going in. The shallow end on the side nearest the house has been moved in a tad to give me room for a patio cover column inside the 20' build line.
    39 x 16 freeform in-ground gunite, QuartzBrite Midnight Blue finish, 3.5 x 5 x 7, 21,435 gal, 18" elevated spa 8' diameter, 2 Hp Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVGR pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 320 In-line chlorinator, Paramount O3 Ozonator, ScreenLogic II Controller, Polaris 280 cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

North Dallas 39.5 - the Big Dig starts

Here are the first couple pictures. The dig is finished. Hopefully they'll complete plumbing today and maybe rebar if we are lucky. We're expecting rain this weekend so hopefully we can get through gunite by then.

6. Back To Top    #6

Nice progress
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

7. Back To Top    #7

It's looking good. It's crazy how they can get diggers in to tight spaces isn't it.
    Eva.
    We are building a 14x28 in ground with a spillover spa...
    All Pentair Equipment, 3HP VS pump, Sand Filter, 250K BTU gas heater, 2HP blower.
    Easytouch 4. Pentair Racer Cleaner.

8. Back To Top    #8

Whew!! My builder and subs worked some magic today to get through the gunite stage. Pending thunderstorms tonight threatened to derail us. They finished almost 4 hours ago and the rain is just starting to fall. Gunite crew said the rain wouldn't be an issue now.

9. Back To Top    #9

Yeah after the forecast I saw for today you won't have to water it alot on your own .lol
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

10. Back To Top    #10

Day 9 - just about finished with the stonework. Should finish tomorrow. Electrician will be here tomorrow with gas/electric inspection Friday. Decking starts next week. Seems like a pretty good pace. Must be the time of year.

11. Back To Top    #11

Love the flagstone and stone choices (of course!). It does seem like a very good pace. No jinxes. -Karen
    New in 2017, will update

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks! The stone on the spa and raised beam is chopped Oklahoma flagstone in a random pattern. The tile is Panaria D Mansion - Rich. We had them replace a couple triangle coping pieces as there were an excessive amount of triangles down the side of the pool.

13. Back To Top    #13

Nice with the stone, different from other pools.

14. Back To Top    #14

I imagine you're walking on eggshells. That's what it was like for me during the entire build process. It wasn't until I poured my first cup of bleach into the pool that I felt a load of bricks taken off my chest, even with pending issues. Great progress so far. It's going to be awesome.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

15. Back To Top    #15

Electric is finished. Decking starts Monday.

16. Back To Top    #16

I love the rock and tile choice.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

17. Back To Top    #17

Make sure the decking guys know that they need to extend that overfill pipe past the decking. My decking guys were completely clueless of that and, had I not pointed it out, would have just covered it with concrete completely defeating it's purpose.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

18. Back To Top    #18

Looking good with nice progress!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

19. Back To Top    #19

Now that you're far enough along so that we can see what the pool is going to look like, as usual, the reality looks much better than the paper design. You're going to have a really nice back yard when you're finished with this.
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir

20. Back To Top    #20

Thanks for the heads up Zethacat. I'll watch out for that. I appreciate the compliments everyone. I must admit I'm pretty nervous as this project unfolds. Wondering what the next issue will be. Actually. Here it is. Electrician put my screenLogic exterior antenna (and beautiful gray conduit) front and center on wall in front of pool. The manual says to put it by the load center. Does anyone know where the best place for it is?

Nice touch to an otherwise beautiful yard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast