Floated Liner or Vandalism

pooladdict

TFP Guide
In The Industry
May 14, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
image3.jpgimage1.jpg

Here is a good one for you. The attached pictures show what a client’s liner looked like this morning. She believes someone got in her yard, and fiddled with her liner, pulling it away. Her property is at the top of the street and this street has a grade of around 20% to the bottom of the street. I believe its possibly floating away due to ground water. Is there a way to tell? If one pulled the liner away from a wall and let the water rush in, would it in fact cause the floating seen in image 3?

I don't know anything about in-ground pools. But I would think that there would be easier ways to vandalize a pool. Box cutter would be a lot less effort.

I think your theory is plausible, but I have a friend that has a leak in his pool and the liner is coming away from the wall just as your picture shows.
I know his main drain is leaking so the whole pool has to be drained. His liner floats at the slightest variance in water level now.
It started leaking mid to late summer this year so he just let it go until we close in a couple of weeks.
An indicator of a leak would be to drain the water out from behind the liner while maintaining the water level in the pool. If there is no leak/ slow leak, the liner will push back up against the sides of the pool and the water level will go down behind the liner and the pool water will resume to filling after it pushes the liner back. Getting it to push back in the right place is the tricky part, but you being "in the industry" have an idea for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.