CLUELESS! DE filter help!

Aug 14, 2008
Okay, I feel very overwhelmed by our new pool and trying to figure it all out. (the pool came with the house, we did not put it in ourselves). This morning we backwashed the DE filter, however the valve to the rayvac was open when we added the DE ... does this mean all the DE was vacummed away from the filter? Should I backwash again and add more DE? Should I just add more DE with the valve closed? Eveyone here has been so helpful. I can't thank you enough!

It depends on where it is plumbed in. If it's after the filter there is no problem.
Sounds like it may be plumbed before the filter and uses the jandy energy filter?

If that is the case check the energy filter to see if it's loaded with DE. Clean it if it is. I would then BW again (with valve closed) and then reload with DE (with valve closed.)

seeberger said:
Okay, I feel very overwhelmed by our new pool and trying to figure it all out. (the pool came with the house, we did not put it in ourselves). This morning we backwashed the DE filter, however the valve to the rayvac was open when we added the DE ... does this mean all the DE was vacummed away from the filter? Should I backwash again and add more DE? Should I just add more DE with the valve closed? Eveyone here has been so helpful. I can't thank you enough!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.