Solar Pool Blankets

Jul 26, 2014
Tempe, arizona
Good day all.
With summer drawing to a close. Here in Arizona we like to try and use our pools as long as we can...

Solar.

Anyone one use any kind of solar covers, blankets etc...?

I don't want anymore equipment something simple.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Dennis

Any of the covers will help. The main function is to reduce heat loss to evaporation ... which happens a lot here.

Find the cheapest solar cover you can as they all seem to only last a couple years.

Hi. What shape pool do you have? We have a free form shape, which does not lend itself well to blankets. Plus, with the blankets, we didn't want a roller somewhere visible for storage. We use solar sun rings, which are great for fitting into the curves of our free form pool. They are lightweight and easy to remove/put back in. They have grommets for hanging, but we never found a good place to hang them, so we stack them in a pile in the corner (6 of one, half a dozen of the other when compared to having a blanket on a roller). That said, they don't fully cover the entire area, so some heat does escape, but they're better than nothing. I would say their biggest drawback is that they are an inflatable ring (which aren't the thickest and can get holes/leaks), but the ring tends to trap debris that falls from trees, etc. and when you go to pull them out, sometimes that debris then falls into the pool right when you're looking to start swimming. This is probably the biggest issue I have with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.