Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gabe here...

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Gabe here...

Gabriel here! Just moved in to a home with a awesome looking pool, I am totally new to pool ownership and found this community it seems like a awesome place to join in and chat and learn. Hopefully someday I can be the one giving out advice and or answering questions.

I have attached a pic of my pool.

My Pool.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gabe here...

Hello Gabe. Welcome
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome aboard! That's a nice pool.
    30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Pretty pool! Enjoy! Please go to "settings" towards the top of the page and "edit signature". Tell us there about your pool and if you have purchased a test kit and if so, which one. Because you are new to pool ownership, I assume you are unfamiliar with pool maintenance. You probably will need to address some chemistry issues soon. If you don't have a test kit, I recommend a Taylor K-2006C. Some people prefer the TF100.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum

Your new pool is gorgeous!

You can compare test kits here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...its-comparison
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

That is a pretty pool. Welcome to TFP!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP ! Great looking pool !😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

Go out and have a fine meal, catch a Vegas show, come home and relax next to a wonderful pool. Now that is a hard combination to beat.
    Welcome to TFP and enjoy your pool..........
    Randy H.

Intex 18' X 48"
    G.A.M.E. Sandpro 75 Sand Filter (Single Speed 3/4 HP, 75 lbs sand, 2650 GPH, 7-way valve)

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you so much for the kind welcomes! I will have a look at the test kits We have a pool person coming once a week and he seems to be doing very good with the chemicals. Upon my discovery the pool has a switch to enable a flow of water to swim against pretty cool, I didn't even know it had it! I look very forward in to learning everything about the pool and proper care and maintenance. Thank you again all for the kind welcomes. I am also going to sign up for "pool school" a certified pool person will come and teach me all about the pool, costs $80 bucks but I think it's well worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Pretty pool! Enjoy! Please go to "settings" towards the top of the page and "edit signature". Tell us there about your pool and if you have purchased a test kit and if so, which one. Because you are new to pool ownership, I assume you are unfamiliar with pool maintenance. You probably will need to address some chemistry issues soon. If you don't have a test kit, I recommend a Taylor K-2006C. Some people prefer the TF100.
    Thank you for the advice I will check out the pool kit, we have a weekly pool person coming to help maintain the pool but I look forward to grabbing this kit.

10. Back To Top    #10

It's your pool, and a super one at that! I encourage you to get the kit. It costs ~1 week of pool service, and then you can do it yourself. Odds are your service may get you into trouble, but if you continue with them, you can use the kit to see if they're doing it right!