Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MARCO...polo

1. Back To Top    #1

MARCO...polo

Hi, my (forum) name is MARCO...polo and I'm a splash-a-holic.

After several summers with an INTEX plastic pond and many years with a portable fiberglass spa we finally decided to go "all in", do it right and build a pool/spa into a new backyard. I'm finally getting the chemistry close after battling with lot's of punch list items and several major gaffs made by my pool builder. He's a nice guy and most of his subs did incredible work, but.....

I discovered this forum (and a few others) over the few summers with the plastic pond and must thank all the mods and contributors for helping me learn the basics and pointing me in the direction of the important stuff. I never had a green pond and the water always sparkled. With the help of TFP I was able to help a friend who managed to turn his pool into a swampl.

I've been around the inter-webs and different forums for many years and have learned that: 1) There are no dumb questions and 2) Most questions have already been asked and you just have to find out where. Failing that, I'm sure to come knocking more than once.

Mp
    Last edited by MARCO...polo; 10-05-2014 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Typo...fingers faster than brain!
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS, Cartridge filter, 400,000 btu heater, 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Solar: 10 FAFCO panels 1.5hp booster. Testt kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: MARCO...polo

Welcome to the forum

I think you got a typo in this sentenence!
    With the help of TFP I was able to help a friend who managed to turn his pond into a swamp.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Fixed it. Thanks Butterfly.
    13,000 gal.Peanut shaped IG Plaster (med. gray) w/ 7' raised spa. ALL Pentair: Intelliflow 3hp VS, Cartridge filter, 400,000 btu heater, 2.0hp spa motor, Easy Touch control panel & is4 spa side switch, Intellichlor 40C SWG, Paramount PV3 In Floor cleaning system, spa spillway and two sheer descents. Solar: 10 FAFCO panels 1.5hp booster. Testt kits: K-2006 & K1766 (Chloride/Salt) Fill date August 15, 2114.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP !😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by MARCO...polo View Post
    Fixed it. Thanks Butterfly.
    We knew what you meant
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!