Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Equipment Plumbing - Is This an Issue?

1. Back To Top    #1

New Equipment Plumbing - Is This an Issue?

We are almost though our new pool build and I intend to share some pictures of the project soon. Along with some other work, the equipment was installed today. I'm not a huge fan of the plumbing job they did but I thought I'd ask the experts. Can anyone offer an assessment?

25k IG Pool and Spa (Under Construction)
    Pentair Easy Touch 8, Intelliflow VS, Clean & Clear Plus 520, Racer w/ Boost Rite, Intellichem, Sta-Rite 400 Heater
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Equipment Plumbing - Is This an Issue?

The only thing that I see that I would question is if those long sweep elbows were pressure rated. They look like dwv rated fittings.

The layout isn't optimal, but it could be a lot worse. I don't see anything that I'd make them change as far as layout goes.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Equipment Plumbing - Is This an Issue?

Thanks for the feedback. I was mostly concerned with the layout and the 135 degree turns into and out of the filter. Any other thoughts?
    25k IG Pool and Spa (Under Construction)
    Pentair Easy Touch 8, Intelliflow VS, Clean & Clear Plus 520, Racer w/ Boost Rite, Intellichem, Sta-Rite 400 Heater
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen