Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete deck sealer

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete deck sealer

Getting ready to try a penetrating concrete sealer from Armor Foundation to put on my brushed concrete deck. Will let everyone know how it works out. I did a lot of research on brands and types.
    2 factors figured into my choice.. 1) the quick responses to my questions and ease of talking to a real person. 2) price. 3) reviews. I know I said 2 factors.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Concrete deck sealer

Thanks for sharing this info. Before and after pics might be revealing for us. Is it just standard, uncolored concrete...brushed finish?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

May be a stupid question, but what do you use a deck sealer for? I have a crumbly old concrete deck and want to make it new again...
    16 x 32 18,000 gal IG vinyl pool. 1.5HP SuperFlo VS pump. Hayward C4030 425 sq ft cartridge filter. Hotspot FPH heat reclamation pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

There are 2 types of sealer. Penatrating and surface. Water intrusion is not concrrtes best friend. Through exspansion and retraction concrete can be damaged. Which comes from water Penatrating freezing and exspanding. There is tons of info on the web about it. Goggle it for more info.
    I choose Penatrating type so it does npt have to be reapplied as often...hopefully never again unlike surface type
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

5. Back To Top    #5

Just finished putting 2 gallons down.
    Boy oh boy did i miss calculate. Need another 2 to finish. I opted to roll it on instead of using a pump up sprayer.
    Too windy here in nN Tex.
    Try rolling on water. Thats what its like.

6. Back To Top    #6

Need pics! Thanks!

7. Back To Top    #7

When i get time iam bow hunting at the momment

8. Back To Top    #8

I wish I had time to take pictures before I left for work. But there were many things that had happened since my last post that took priority. I can tell you all that there is a definite visible difference between the treated concrete and untreated. I am quite impressed.
    The label on the bottle says seal it once protect it for a lifetime. The product is made by Armor Foundation . AS5000-LX40, $64/gallon.
    I will get picture when I get home in 3 weeks, or try to get the wife to take comparison one

9. Back To Top    #9

As long as we see it before spring! ;o)

10. Back To Top    #10

No picture of the deck yet, here is the label from the product I used.
    http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...psefzmksye.jpg

11. Back To Top    #11

Last edited by rmturner54; 02-12-2015 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Mistake

12. Back To Top    #12

Hey Turner,

Just a friendly suggestion that if you click and copy the img link for specific photos in your PB albums they pop right up and show on the forum. Easier for viewing instead of digging through your albums. If you need help, PM me and I'll be glad to help you.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

13. Back To Top    #13

Ok. Ill try that. If i have a problem Ill pm you. Thanks

14. Back To Top    #14

Sure thing. Just click/copy then paste the img link here, and it will show right up.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

15. Back To Top    #15

I tell you I did a little research on this product after reading your review. The company claims the sealer lasts for 10 years and is DOT approved. Seems like a quality product.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)