Pool Cover On, How Much Do I Need to Run SWG????

jobondur

Dec 13, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
The leaves are starting to fall but my pool water is still 70 degrees so it's not time to close yet. I have a lot of trees and decided to go ahead and put my mesh safety cover on the pool (Merlin SmartMesh). Prior to doing that, I SLAM'd the pool and brushed down the walls, vacuumed, and removed the stairs and railings.

My question is this. Now that my pool is covered, will I need to run my SWG much at all? I turned it down to 20% (usually run it at 60%) and haven't seen a drop in the FC yet (it was 9.5 when I covered) over the last 3 days. Should I just reduce my pump run time from 10 hrs to 2 hrs and set the SWG to 100%? A little advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm going to be heading out of town for a week on Sunday, so I'd rather err on the side of not coming back to algae and having to remove the cover to SLAM and clean the pool. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.