Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PVC Drain and Water Fill

1. Back To Top    #1

PVC Drain and Water Fill

After reading this site for a year, buying the CYA kit, TF-100 kit, it feels crazy that this is my first post!

I'm having my pool rebuilt and I have a question on my 1" drain and 3/4" water fill pvc pipes. Prior the PVC would be almost flush with the tile, but now the tiler basically put it slightly behind the tiles and grouted it. My concern is the grout eroding (we fill it constantly due to the So Cal blazing hot sun!) and water eventually getting behind the tiles and causing all sorts of havoc.

Are there any recommendations on PVC fittings (links would be helpful)? I'm looking for a fitting that I could use PVC glue to slide it in and having it line up flush with the face of the tile.

Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: PVC Drain and Water Fill

Welcome to TFP!!!

It is pretty rare to find fittings that will slip into the PVC pipe. There are pipe extenders that will, but it might leave a pretty small hole.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: PVC Drain and Water Fill

Bummer .. i guess the search for a solution continues. Appreciate the sanity check.