Phenol Red

ssabin

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
New Hudson, MI
I have the Taylor k-2006 kit and I have been quite pleased with it. I have, however, been refilling the consumables from TFKITS and I just received my order for phenol red refills. Well, I recall reading somewhere that the TFKITS reagents are all Taylor compatible, didn't think to check the numbers.

So my phenol red refill is R-014 but the comparator with the K-2006 assumes you use 5 drops of R-004. I also have an HTH 5-way kits which has the smaller pH tube, which seems to give about the right result with 5 drops of the R-014, so I assume that's the type of comparator in the TF kits.

My question is whether or n ot I can increase the number of drops of R-014 to get the equivalent amount of 5 drops of R-004? I really like the resolution of the K-2006 tube, and although these drops will work with my other kit, it just isn't as precise.

Thanks in advance.

Scott,
Unfortunately I can't answer your question, as I don't know what the difference in concentrations are between the R-0014 and R-0004 solutions. I did want to make you aware of a supplier that carries the R-0004 solution though, as well as all of the other Taylor reagents. Swimming Pool Supply is who I do business with, and they have the best prices I've found on the 'net. The reagents are drop-shipped directly from Taylor to you, too.

*disclaimer* - I profit in no way, shape, form, or fashion from any referrals to SPS. I just like helping my fellow pool pals save money when and where they can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.