- Endless Pool
- 2767 Gallons
- Cartridge Filter
- Temperature 97°F
I have owned and maintained my indoor Endless Pool since 2009. I have had many issues with maintaining the water, which were probably my fault (turned water blue, corroded heating elements etc,), along with relying on chain pool company drones. For a while I used chlorine, and then switched to bromine. The bromine, however, is terrible. The fumes from the pool are awful when the water is churned at all, and unfortunately there is no easy way to drain the pool to refill with clean water (it has to be done with a submersible pump, so doing it every week/month isn't going to happen because it takes hours to setup).
Because its an Endless Pool, I can't use SWG or add an ozonator etc. to the system. Basically, it is what it is. The information on this site is great, but I have questions because:
- It is indoors and the windows block UV
- It is kept around 97 degrees
- Bather load is light - my wife once a day for about an hour for aquatherapy.
I have looked at some of the "non-traditional" products - PristineBlue, Cleanwater Blue, Nature2 etc. but after doing some research they seem like a bad idea. The EndlessPool actually comes with four Nature2 cartridges that you leave in the filter but I don't think they did anything.
Because my bromine level is so high, I am planning on draining the pool and starting frrom scratch, and I think I'd like to go back to chlorine for SLAM. But I have some questions, that if anyone could answer I would greatly appreciate:
- When I used chlorine in the past, bathing suits were destroyed in 6 months. Is this going to happen regardless, or was I doing something wrong?
- Because the pool temperature is so high, is chlorine the best option?
- Are PristineBlue, Cleanwater Blue, Nature2 etc. worth investigating further?
- Is the only issue that makes care of an indoor vs. outdoor pool different CYA?
- The pool came with "random" products, including Leisure Time Spa Defender, and Spa Perfect. Should these ever be used? Same with Spa fragrances (the wife likes them)?
Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!