TFP Dropout and regretting it!

Jul 1, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I had difficulty maintaining the TFP method when I resumed work after summer break and am regretting it as my pool is NASTY now!
We had a major pollen drop and are in the middle of acorn drop right now. We also had a few major rains. I added two bags of shock, some Alkalinity Up b/c my alkaline was low and backwashed.

I have been using Triclor lately, but will go back to bleach when I have the time to do an OCLT.

Current chem levels are as follows:
FC 11 Has been as high as 18 after adding the shock. Coming down slowly as shock was added Saturday and today is Wednesday.
TC 11
PH 7.5
Alkaline 90

My pool is green. When I brush it green powder floats around the pool.

Any suggestions?

Yes. Did you get yourself one of our recommended Test Kits ? If you don't have one get yourself one and follow the SLAM Process. Follow this to the T. Stop dumping stuff in your pool water.
Until your test kit arrives I would add 2 jugs of bleach a day, one jug in the morning and one at night, to maybe hold things at bay until you can SLAM the pool the right way.
When your test kit arrives post up a full set of test results and we can get ya started on the right foot. Hopefully your CYA isn't over the top. How long have you been using the pucks ? Plus the powered shock probably didn't do ya any favors in the CYA level also.
We'll get this fixed up for ya but you need the test kit !! ?

I have the test kit and have been testing regularly. CYA is approx 60.
was that a recent test? The trichlor you have been using has been raising the CYA. The only way to fix this is to SLAM the pool. Head on over to WalMart and clear the shelf of bleach. Or, find the closest HASA dealer and pick up some of the potent 12.5% chlorinating liquid.

Once you clear it up don't let it slip again.......

My FC was at 24 last night and again this morning. My cc are .5. My pool is running 24/7.
Ph was 8.2 so I added MA. TA IS 100. Polaris is running 8 hrs a day vacuuming. We are brushing daily and trying to remove all the acorns. I've backwashed twice this week a d the second time waste water was clean looking. Do I keep slamming until water is clear?

Usually you want to keep SLAMing until the water is clear.

Remember that the pH test is not valid when FC is greater than 10 ppm. Likely your pH was not really too high and now it may be too low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.