Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Cover

Hi,

I am looking to buy a pump cover to protect my pump from the elements and wanted to get some advise on which one is the best one to buy.

Thanks,
    10080 gallons 28x12 rectangular pool. 1HP Hayward Maxiflo pump. 75 sqft Hayward Cartridge Filter. SWG Hayward Aquarite. iRobot Verro 300 Pool Cleaner. Plaster color Pewter.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pump Cover

I just bought an inexpensive storage bin at Home Depot, flipped it over and cut the front and back out. It shelters my pumps from rain and sun, yet allows plenty of ventilation for cooling. The best part $6 total cost.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pump Cover

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
    I just bought an inexpensive storage bin at Home Depot, flipped it over and cut the front and back out. It shelters my pumps from rain and sun, yet allows plenty of ventilation for cooling. The best part $6 total cost.
    Nice ^^^ 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.