need new skimmer /vac pole

I have been using the telescoping painter's pole for many years. They are much more durable than the flimsy aluminum poles found at the pool store.
You'll have to rig up a connecting end to allow your pool accessory items (brush, leaf rake, etc.) to be attached. I chose the path of sawing off a six to eight inch piece from an old aluminum pole, drilling holes for the various attachments, and securing it to the pole with screws. I had to replace this modified attachment from time to time due to wear and tear, but this arrangement has worked for me.

Had a pool company out today to discuss re-plaster, slate, coping, etc. Also has 11 guys maintaining ~500 pools. Nice guy, sounded quite competent. Said his guys like fiberglass. So I bought one. Brushed the pool with it. Is heavier than either aluminum or thin metal tube but quite stiff. Could even brush the vertical walls.

Also said his guys like brushes half metal half nylon (for plaster pools). So I get one of them as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.