Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot Springs Ace Saltwater System and SeaKlear Spa System Flush

1. Back To Top    #1
    South-Central Pennsylvania

Hot Springs Ace Saltwater System and SeaKlear Spa System Flush

I just changed the water in my Hot Springs Grandee. I used the SeaKlear Spa System flush. Per the instructions, I removed the filters. SeaKlear did a great job. It then wondered what I should do with the SWCG while using the Spa System Flush. I've set the setting to zero and left the unit in the standpipe in the past. Would it be better to set the setting to zero and let it hang over the side while the Spa System Flush does its magic? Or will having it out of the water while the spa is powered up damage the unit? Thanks for your help TFP!!!
    2013 HotSpring Grandee with Ace Sanitizing System
    25K IG vinyl pool with Alps spillover spa and waterfall. Build Date: June 2013
    Triton II TR100 Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 natural gas pool heater, Intellichlor SWG, Rainbow Chlorine Feeder
    Pentair VF filter pump, WhisperFlo 2 hp WFE-8 waterfall pump, WhisperFloFX 2 hp spillover spa pump
    Intellibrite 5G (2 pool and 1 in spa) lights :: TFT-100 test kit, Taylor K-1776 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Hot Springs Ace Saltwater System and SeaKlear Spa System Flush

The SWCG should be disconnected or set to 0% on-time when out of the water. It probably has a safety to prevent damage, but it would be better to keep it powered off to be sure.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"