OK, so as a few of you know, I've had some dark stains of sort on the sides & bottom most of summer -- even though I've maintained really great numbers ! I did the Vitamin C "test" on a couple of areas, and in a matter of seconds it lightened. Sooooo it appears I have some metal staining occurring.
Given that, I am going fwd with the AA treatment as posted in this forum. I have 3.5 lbs of STAIN FREE AA on the way. So can someone give me a sanity check on my plan.
- I'm waiting to start this AA treatment until we close for the winter, probably in about 2 weeks - and the water temp drops closer to 60 degrees.
- I'll drop my PH down to around 7.0 using MA (it currently is around 7.6)
- I'll add 3 lbs of STAIN FREE & circulate (actually, just turn on Filter & let it run for an hour or 2 - it's a CART type).
- I'll add some Sequestrant (what brand or type????)
- Run filter another 24/7
- Start to Rebalance water
Do I have that right?
- From here fwd, should I do a weekly maintenance for Metals? Metal Jack? Recommendation?
- Previous owner had some metal Rod type thing that was in the filter basket - presumably some metal-eliminating thing. Should I consider putting that back in?
- Probably should get a Metal Test done of our water ? Leslie's pools do that? Where/How ?
Thanks in advance