Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: size cover for round pool with outside step?

1. Back To Top    #1

size cover for round pool with outside step?

We've got an 18" above ground, with an approx 5' step leading outside of the pool. So the shape is irregular, and at it's widest point is approx 23'. Last year I just used an 18' cover, and then a separate tarp to cover the step portion. This ended up letting a lot of leaves and nasty water in. This year I was going to get a 24' round cover, and just have a ton of extra in one dimension, and have it just a little over in the step direction. Figured I'd ask here before buying to see if there wasn't a better way to go.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: size cover for round pool with outside step?

Sounds ok. I'm not sure I can picture exactly what you have. Can you post a pic ? 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

That's neat. I've never seen steps like that used in an AG pool. There's now way they can be removed ?
    I can't say for sure if a 24 ft cover will cover the steps completely. Try it and see what happens. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.