Ok, if cost were not a factor who makes the best solid safety cover?

mgarf33

Oct 27, 2013
I'm in the market for a cover. It seems that the prices are all within $200.
I live in a coastal mid-Atlantic region. Typical lows are in the 20-30's, extreme minimum 10-15 degrees F.
My pool is a basic Grecian 18'x36' center 4'x8' step off pool.
I have a lot of trees that make leaving the pool open a hefty chore, so that's not an option.
My choices are down to "Covertech" Safe-N-Secure lightweight solid, GLI Supreme Solid, or Loop-Loc Ultra Loc II solid.
It seems to me that the Loop-Loc is more durable, which is my main concern. Am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks.

covertechind.com/?product=safe-n-secure-safety-cover
http://www.glipoolproducts.com/product.asp?ProdID=6
http://www.looploc.com/pool-safety-covers-ultra-loc-2.cfm

I'm going on the second year with my loop-loc solid with mesh drains. Awesome cover. It even held up to our massive porch/deck contruction project last spring with contractors stepping on it, boards and nails landing on it, and my mother-in-law even fell onto it without any problems.

When you get a foot of snow, the cover sags down to the water level, so no issues there. Loop-loc says no more than 15" below the coping for the water level.

36C480D9-D684-4B61-BDCC-45C3E738FCEE_zpshfw8hwfl.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I went with the LoopLoc solid with mesh drain panels.
$200 higher than the rest, but usually higher quality costs a bit more.
Hope I'll be happy with the purchase.
There is very little online for a consumer to compare.
LoopLoc seems to offer the greatest detail on the construction and materials of their product. So, if the others don't provide this info, I can only assume they are using cheaper materials and construction practices.

Just make sure to keep an eye on the water level if you are going to experience periods of heavy snow. Built up snow and ice on your cover will cause it to sag putting a lot of pressure on it. I try to make sure the water level is just below the coping so that the cover will not sag as much. Some folks use heating mats on top of and aerators below the cover to keep ice builds and dams to a minimum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.