Hayward Pool pump doesn't run!

jlac13

Sep 29, 2014
Hollywood/Florida
Hi! I'm new here! Here is my issue... I had a 1 speed Hayward pump that died a week ago(probably 10 years old). I went ahead and bought a used Hayward Maxflo Variable pump. I installed it this past weekend and when giving it power it shows on the display Err1 and that's it. The motor does not turn on and nothing else happens. I tried resetting it and nothing. I checked the wiring and everything seems fine. I really have no idea what could be the issue. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! Please HELP!!

I see... I guess I'll just have to get rid of it and get a NEW one this time... What pump would you suggest for my pool? I bought this one because I knew I couldn't go wrong in terms of efficiency but reading through the forum I might not really need it... My pool is a 16,000 gallon, 16X30. Would a 2 speed save the same in electricity? Thanks!

Looks like there may be a way to reset the motor and see if the error reappears.

- - - Updated - - -

A 2-speed would save most of the power over a single speed. They are also much less susceptible to damage from nearby lightning strikes. A 1HP 2-speed would be fine like the Hayward Super Pump or Pentair Superflo.

I may not give up on the VS just yet. See if the manual helps first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.