Applied to much sealer on patio, looks chalky

steveg_nh

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 7, 2013
Southern NH
I applied Prosoco SaltGuard WB at the recommendation of my patio builder around the pool this weekend. It's all he uses to seal up here in New England on driveways and around salt pools. I think I had too heavy of a hand, and over applied. It still looks "wet" in some spots, and most of it has a slightly chalky appearance. I'm guessing because I didn't go thin enough. Oops. Any suggestions on what to do next? I would imagine similar sealers are the same, so I thought some generic advice might help. I would imagine over time and rains, it will wash up and the "wetness" look will dry...after it, if it didn't, it would never need to be applied again. :)

Thanks.

It should say something on the container on how to thin the product. Some sealers that are over applied can be fixed by Xylene application and then trying to redistribute or soak up the excess once it is back in a liquid state.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.