Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Applied to much sealer on patio, looks chalky

1. Back To Top    #1

Southern NH

Applied to much sealer on patio, looks chalky

I applied Prosoco SaltGuard WB at the recommendation of my patio builder around the pool this weekend. It's all he uses to seal up here in New England on driveways and around salt pools. I think I had too heavy of a hand, and over applied. It still looks "wet" in some spots, and most of it has a slightly chalky appearance. I'm guessing because I didn't go thin enough. Oops. Any suggestions on what to do next? I would imagine similar sealers are the same, so I thought some generic advice might help. I would imagine over time and rains, it will wash up and the "wetness" look will dry...after it, if it didn't, it would never need to be applied again.

24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Applied to much sealer on patio, looks chalky

It should say something on the container on how to thin the product. Some sealers that are over applied can be fixed by Xylene application and then trying to redistribute or soak up the excess once it is back in a liquid state.
    20x44 IG vinyl. Intelliflo, Pentair Cartridge Filter (420ft^2), Raypac 336K, Kreepy Krauly