Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wild Ride Interfab Slide

1. Back To Top    #1

Wild Ride Interfab Slide

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone has this slide and can share pics with me? I am trying to decide on this slide vs. the Typhoon Slide by SR Smith.

Also, it seems like there is some play/movement in the wild ride slide when going down. I have watched promotional videos of the slide and while it looks like a great slide, I notice it moves when people go down it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aHZb7ik4PM
    Any feedback from those who have this slide? Perhaps it depends on installation?

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wild Ride Interfab Slide

We have the X-stream 2by interfab. There is movement similar to the one in your video, but after 5 years so far so good.
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

3. Back To Top    #3

Just completed my 9th season with our Interfab Wild Ride Slide with no problems yet. My slide moves, but not as much as what's in the video.
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Winger 03 View Post
    We have the X-stream 2by interfab. There is movement similar to the one in your video, but after 5 years so far so good.
    Could you elaborate a little on the x-stream? I found a used 2010 model on craigslist and I was thinking of buying it, but the reviews on amazon are pretty bad (complaints that the seals fails quickly, you can feel the seams hitting you every time you slide down, the slide is rickety and shakes a lot, etc.).