Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing pressure gauge on a Jandy DEL60 Pool Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing pressure gauge on a Jandy DEL60 Pool Filter

My current pressure gauge works fine, but it is almost impossible to read because the plastic lens is so cloudy so I would like to replace it. Can i replace just the gauge, or do i need to purchase the complete air gauge release assembly. I see that the gauge can be purchased separately, but it isn't immediately obvious to me how the gage is removed from the housing.

Sam
    21K gal Plaster pool w/ 6 jet Spa, 2 HP Jandy Stealth JHPU2.0 (upgraded to a 2-speed motor) pump for pool/spa, Jandy 60 sqft DE filter, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy Aqualink RS6 Controller. Water feature with Jandy JHPU1.0 Pump, Tiger Shark pool cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing pressure gauge on a Jandy DEL60 Pool Filter

Quote Originally Posted by SamD View Post
    My current pressure gauge works fine, but it is almost impossible to read because the plastic lens is so cloudy so I would like to replace it. Can i replace just the gauge, or do i need to purchase the complete air gauge release assembly. I see that the gauge can be purchased separately, but it isn't immediately obvious to me how the gage is removed from the housing.

Sam
    Looking at the exploded parts diagram from Pool Parts Online it appears that the gauge is a standard back mount gauge. You can pick up one from tftestkits.net for about half the price and it is a great gauge.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the great recommendation. I just ordered it.

Sam
    21K gal Plaster pool w/ 6 jet Spa, 2 HP Jandy Stealth JHPU2.0 (upgraded to a 2-speed motor) pump for pool/spa, Jandy 60 sqft DE filter, Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy Aqualink RS6 Controller. Water feature with Jandy JHPU1.0 Pump, Tiger Shark pool cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I bought oil filled stainless steel gauges online for less than $10 each. Since shipping is more than the gauge, I ordered several at a time and gave one to each of my neighbors who have pools and keep a couple extra around. Even accounting for the shipping cost they are still a bargin for a quality gauge. They are avail with both rear mount and bottom mount.

Here is where I bought them.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
    I bought oil filled stainless steel gauges online for less than $10 each. Since shipping is more than the gauge, I ordered several at a time and gave one to each of my neighbors who have pools and keep a couple extra around. Even accounting for the shipping cost they are still a bargin for a quality gauge. They are avail with both rear mount and bottom mount.

Here is where I bought them.
    Do you have a website chief ? 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

It's directmaterial.com
    The link was also included in the previous post. Just tap the highlighted words.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Dave at tftestkits.net sells nice large oil filled gauges now too.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

For future reference, the Jandy DEL60 Pool filters take a 2" pressure gage, and not the 2 1/2" tftestkits.net sells. I should have measured the existing one before I ordered the new one because it doesn't fit in the housing.

Sam

9. Back To Top    #9

There is a housing? I had not seen that. You could just get a brass nipple extension and offset the gauge.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!