New Pool Construction Project in Houston: 2nd Time is a Charm

The gas company doesn't come until tomorrow to hook up my heater, but that didn't stop me from takin' her for a spin today after work. While the air temp was only 69°F, the water temp was 64°F, so the narrow difference didn't really bother me.

OK, so I lied. It was coooolllldddd. When I first jumped in, I had to wait for my cojones to drop back down out of my neck after the shock before I could make my way over to the steps. But then I was used to it and jumped in a few times and even went down the water slide once or twice. Boy, whatever they coated the slide with has made it super slick! I can't believe how fast I went down....and the doggy too! My kids are going to have a blast on this thing.

But enough about me. Once I got in, the doggy figured it was fair game. Labrador Retriever + Tennis Ball + Swimming Pool = Fun

Check out that water color!!!
15815960369_71d6509407_c.jpg

15379706994_f8b4d0978c_c.jpg

16001274972_d728ba2694_c.jpg

16001953545_fddc30b61f_c.jpg

15976180346_86e5d8fc95_c.jpg

15814698910_2b2ae61d55_c.jpg

15976179796_68e35ddbdc_c.jpg

Nice! If i threw a tennis ball in the water, my golden would stand there with her head tilted saying "No way!"

When she was a puppy, I would take her to the Dog Park near my house to throw the tennis ball and let her socialize with other furry friends. They had a huge dog-swimming lake there, but she wanted nothing to do with it. One day, I picked her up and threw her into the water. I figured she would quickly jump out and then make me somehow pay for my behavior. She surprised me by staying in the water and actually swimming out about 75 yards and retrieving someone else's ball. Ever since that day, if she sees water she's in it. It kinda sucks when she decides to go swimming on her own (which she will do once or twice per week) right before we need to lock her up inside before we leave to go somewhere. But mostly it's just cute.

We're essentially finished with pool construction (only few small details remain). Now that we're only waiting for the warm weather to show up, I've changed my sig file as inspired by my 4-year-old twins.

Bonus points if you can identify the reference. :grin:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ahh the pool looks amazing! Love, love, love, the water color. Heck, it's warm enough in H-town to go swimming now! High of 76 today.

Reading back in your thread a bit - what PB did you use that has a showroom? We are having the darndest time picking out our WetEdge finish. Sure would be nice to see some real live samples.

Ahh the pool looks amazing! Love, love, love, the water color. Heck, it's warm enough in H-town to go swimming now! High of 76 today.

Reading back in your thread a bit - what PB did you use that has a showroom? We are having the darndest time picking out our WetEdge finish. Sure would be nice to see some real live samples.

According to the pool equipment, the air temp was 76°F and the water temp was 70°F this afternoon (don't you just love Houston weather?) so I had to jump in for a bit. Can't wait for the PB to set up my heater.

Speaking of PB...I used Laguna Pools in Katy. They're about a mile south of I-10 (exit 740) on Pin Oak Rd. They have 10 pools on site, with varying types of finish. They used to feature Pebble Tec, but switched when WetEdge started offering a better warranty. For us, the color we liked was actually a Pebble Tec product, but they gave us the equivalent in WetEdge and I can't really tell the difference. But seeing all those pools in one location taught us to be able to make a pebble choice based on how it affects water color rather than how a bunch of little rocks look on a small swatch. You see the water color from everywhere....you only see the little rocks when looking directly at them from close proximity. You're smart to want to check out real-life examples before choosing your final colors.

For the last 15 months, we've been quite busy. Right after we designed and built our house, we started on the pool project. Well, now the house is mostly complete (just working through the final bugs) and the pool is virtually complete. They installed the mastic over the weekend. Now we're just waiting on warm weather so they can install a pair of wall jets for the in-floor cleaning system. For some reason, my PB doesn't want to get into the cold water right now! Now that I'm not having to manage large construction projects, I can't believe everything that we can accomplish. Let me explain....

We hung the stockings with care
15897464537_fa5d8dbedf_c.jpg

We fed the giraffes at the Houston Zoo
16081310111_5d53f0bb48_c.jpg

15460922484_83b995fa06_c.jpg

We pet the chinchilla
16082521592_82fff26732_c.jpg

We brushed the billy goats
16082521342_f511ec0eae_c.jpg

And lastly, I was able to assemble my Christmas winter village. My wife has tons of Dept. 56 Christmas village junk. Not to be outdone, I've been collecting Lego Christmas sets. Do you have any idea how long it takes to put all this stuff together? Good thing the construction project are done and work is done for the year! For those of you who are done with your pools....you know the great feeling I'm talking about. For those of you still in the throes of construction misery....well, you'll be here soon.
15895938490_d494143a7a_c.jpg

16082520812_ea59dae4d7_c.jpg

15897465097_d5610caa23_c.jpg

16057434566_b57d9e0e39_c.jpg

16081308561_f6f0a422e2_c.jpg

I may even fire up the hot tub and spend some quality time with Mrs. Bauman in the great outdoors this evening....

Merry Christmas, everybody! :santa:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.