Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Raypak RP2100 digtal pool heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Raypak RP2100 digtal pool heater

I'm working on a raypak Rp2100 digtal unit with a pilot.it's sparks pilot comes on you here the gas valve open but has no gas coming out of the test tap. i have already replaced the gas valve still the same thing, but when the flame shows on the front panel you only see one of the flames flashing.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Raypak RP2100 digtal pool heater

So after the pilot comes on you do not hear/feel a click of the main valve opening? Have you tested to see if you have 24 volts at the valve?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes the gas valve clicks and i have 24 volts.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Is this natural or LP? Did you confirm that you have a pilot light before the gas valve main opens/clicks? Have you tested the gas pressure coming into the unit?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

It is natural gas. the gas valve clicks after the pilot lights. Gas pressure coming to unit is 7" wc.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Smell any gas when you hear the valve click? Has the unit been in place running for some time and now just having issues?
    Paul

7. Back To Top    #7

I smell no gas. The out port to check gas pressure i have no pressure on my wc gauge. been running just start have issues.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

OK. What gas valve did you install on the unit? With no gas pressure on the manifold side of the valve can mean either the gas valve is locking up or not enough pressure. 7"WC should be enough incoming.
    Paul

9. Back To Top    #9

The valve is Raypak replacement part# 003900F (Honeywell VR8304)

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

OK so you got a direct replacement valve. What is the gas pressure on the manifold side? There is a test spot on the valve that you can hook into. Curious to know what that reading is since you have 7" coming into the valve, what is the valve passing thru it. How does the inside of the heater look? Burners look OK?
    Paul

11. Back To Top    #11

The out port to check gas pressure i have no pressure on my wc gauge.The inside of heater clean it's inside a house, And I clean and check heater yearly

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Well then it almost sounds like the control board is not truly signaling to the valve to open.
    Paul

13. Back To Top    #13

ok thanks for your time.