Is this an normal foam levels

nofa93

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 22, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hi.

I have recently bought a used hot tub. I am using bromine as sanitizer. Fresh fill last Friday. Did the ahhsome treatment. Was not this foamy on the first couple of days, Based on your experience, is this an acceptable level of foam or should I be worried.

Bromine 2-4
PH 7.6
CH 140
Borates 50

Could be OK. If you've been using the spa, you might consider rinsing your suits more thoroughly since foam usually comes from soap-like substances you bring into the spa. In the meantime, you can scoop the foam from the surface of the water to help remove it. You can also consider using a scum ball which can also capture the oils on the surface.

When my wife washes our suits she does the extra rinse cycle. And if you are using a he front load, cut the detergent amount to 1/4 of what they recommend. It helps our tub. And if nothing else they have foam remover. But honestly it does not look that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.