Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this an normal foam levels

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this an normal foam levels

Hi.

I have recently bought a used hot tub. I am using bromine as sanitizer. Fresh fill last Friday. Did the ahhsome treatment. Was not this foamy on the first couple of days, Based on your experience, is this an acceptable level of foam or should I be worried.

Bromine 2-4
    PH 7.6
    CH 140
    Borates 50
    20,000 Gallons Vinyl 16x32 Inground with Stamped concrete decking. Hayward Sand Filter. DIY Diaphragm pump injection system. K-2006C Test Kit.
    450 Gallons Standalone Acrylic CALSPA 2006.
    Canadians, Get your test kit here!.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this an normal foam levels

Could be OK. If you've been using the spa, you might consider rinsing your suits more thoroughly since foam usually comes from soap-like substances you bring into the spa. In the meantime, you can scoop the foam from the surface of the water to help remove it. You can also consider using a scum ball which can also capture the oils on the surface.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

I have both a scumbug and a zorbie . I 'll see what I can do about the swimsuits. Thanks
    20,000 Gallons Vinyl 16x32 Inground with Stamped concrete decking. Hayward Sand Filter. DIY Diaphragm pump injection system. K-2006C Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

If your CH is low, you can raise it to 120-150 ppm and that will also help reduce the amount of foam.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

5. Back To Top    #5

It's already dialed in. Thanks

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Did you do a purge before refill? What was water like before you drained. Biofilms could be in your piping.

7. Back To Top    #7

Water was crystal before I emptied it and the ahh some treatment did not reveal that much gunk

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Then I agree with chemgeek, suits or something left residue in your water that is causing that foaming. I know mine can foam in two to three days after a refill if it happens to get really busy. Best way to use spa is sans suit.

9. Back To Top    #9

Yeah that's the plan. But right now no girlfriend, just a roommate, would be kind of awkward lol

10. Back To Top    #10

When my wife washes our suits she does the extra rinse cycle. And if you are using a he front load, cut the detergent amount to 1/4 of what they recommend. It helps our tub. And if nothing else they have foam remover. But honestly it does not look that bad.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois