Drained pool and think I am on track

edibower

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Phoenix,AZ
I finally got my pool drained since my CY was off the charts............pool is now filled and added a small amount of stablizer and liquid chlorine..........

my water measurements are

FC-6
CC-0
PH-7.8
TA-140
CH-230
CY-25

The calculator says to add 9.6 oz of muratic acid and 24 oz more of stablizer........water is clear as a bell.........I am only leary of more stabilizer since that is what caused the initial problem and required the pool drain 200+..........aside from that I think everything looks pretty good........also I am not worried about the CH since we have very hard water here in Phoenix.....once again thanks for your help

How much did you drain? When did you add the stabilizer? How much stabilizer did you add? Was it granules or liquid?

No really hurry to lower your pH too much since your CH is lower right now.

Well, then your CYA should have started close to 0. How did you add the stabilizer? Remember that it takes up to a week for the granules to fully dissolve and show up on the test. So, trust the PoolMath for how much you added which should have been ~30ppm.

Being in PHX, you will likely want the CYA to be a little closer to 50ppm in the summer, although might not need it that high any more this season ... up to you.

I will test it again the middle of next week which will be almost a week, since it may take that long to fully dissolve and do what the pool math says at that point. One last question, being in Phoenix how often should I be testing the water (Fall, Winter, Spring) versus (Summer)........since I am done with the pool store and tablets accept for parts and supplys and well acid too. Thanks again for this forum and you experts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.