1st, a big thanks to all the pool online community for helping me make my 1st season very successful. I just couldn't have done it with out you
So, this is a "what would you do" question. My pool water temp is still hovering above 60 degrees (about 65 now) and I was planning to wait until it gets below that mark before closing. Issue is, I have lots of trees dumping leaves in the pool and cleaning them up is seemly becoming more a hassle than it's worth. Last week or so, I've come home from work and skimmer is completely clogged up with leaves. This causes air to get sucked in by the pump and effectively aerating the water and the pH keeps going up. I'm out of MA and rather not have to buy more till spring.
This all is a bit of a pain in the rear considering the effort I'm putting in and the fact no one is using the pool now. I feel like I'd rather close now and deal with whatever issue(s) I may face in the spring. At least then I know the pool will get used soon there after.
Whatta ya' think? Close now or wait?