Infrared alarms

Re: Infrared alamrs?

It is an alarm industry product. Something like this.

Usually it is tied into a an alarm system but someone could probably come up with another way to control it.

I have PE beams in a large garage I keep my camper in. They will trip from almost any object crossing the beam. In an exterior application I would assume that insects getting inside and crawling across the sensor would look like elephants dancing on the pool deck to the sensor.

Sounds interesting. We all probably have the infrared things on our garage doors and I can tell you that on mine sometimes in the morning the sun hits it just right and the door won't close because the beam is not connecting to the other side due to the sun light. Could be an issue sometimes outside.

Paul, sounds like you need to cut open an aluminum can and make a little shield around your sensor to shield it from sunlight coming in. :)
Another way to do the pool would be to use motion sensor lights as their sensitivity is usually adjustable. You wouldn't necessarily need the lights but can use the sensor to trip the alarm in conjunction with the lights or in place of them. When the sensor trips you'd have power on the neutral side of the sensor and can use that to power a 120 volt alarm of some sort.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.