AGP Mesh Cover Recommendations

chrisj

Jun 14, 2014
Killingworth, CT
Have been using a solid cover for the 6 or so years I've had my pool. It has worked fine but my pool is 30' round and the cover can be quite a bear to work with let alone sucking water and leaves off all winter.

My current cover is shot and was thinking about giving a mesh one a try. Can anyone recommend a quality brand? Not against spending more to get a quality product. Also not against spending less for a product that is known to work well but may need to be replaced sooner.

Thanks!

Thanks. I really like that and also how it clamps down. The only think is that I built a deck right up to the edge of my pool halfway around it. So I really don't have any way of letting it hang over properly like in the picture. Only the very top of the pool is exposed where the deck is.

You can just anchor it to the deck with these. They are pop up anchors for wood decks. Use the straps that come with the cover. The other half just let it hang over the edge.
44547965cb7f0b5aed02331da784b591.jpg

Thanks. That helps. Here's the piece I don't understand. That type is pulled pretty tight and obviously there's a good gap between it and the water. What happens when it snows? Obviously it's a lot of weight and isn't going to melt instantly. Do the cords holding it down stretch to compensate as the cover dips down or something? I wouldn't want all that pressure transferred to the pool so something must give somewhere. You're in PA so you must get snow :)

Yes the straps stretch plus mine isn't that tight so it has some give to it. I only drain my pool down to the bottom of the skimmer and I use an aquador to cover the skimmer opening. The cover rests on top of the water when it gets snow on it or water from rain storms. The water supports it. That way there's not a lot of pressure on the pool walls. We did have a lot of snow last year. I would just pull as much as I could off it with a push broom with a long handle on it. Then it rested on the ice because pool was frozen close to 2 feet thick.
I also had to drain more water off the pool during the winter. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.