winter cover

Feb 5, 2012
Ok, dumb question. What is the best way to put a winter cover on a half buried above ground pool. The cover we have says it is ok to let the rain water collect on it. I have visions of watching my walls cave in. :p

I have a buried AG pool as well.. draining as we speak to close it by tomorrow. It's my first closing.. I got a pillow to put under the winter cover..and a pump for the cover...not sure if I have to take additional steps to deal with the rain water collecting on the cover...but it is what I'm doing.

Rain water on the cover is just like rain water in the pool. If it gets up to the top, it will overflow. It is not going to cause any more pressure than letting you pool fill up with rain will.

Having said that, I keep the rain off my cover. Keeping the cover dry lets leaves blow off. I dont use a pump. I have a length of hose with a 2 lb soft coated dumbbell zip tied to the end. I throw the weight onto the cover and it makes a divot that the water all flows into. I just start a siphon and let it run.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.