new pool owner. need help with adding chemicals

Hello trouble free pools. Boy am I glad I found this website. I have read and reviewed pool school several times. I initially visited Leslie’s pool and had my water sampled. After having my water sampled, I was sold a bunch of chemicals totaling $100. The nice sales man also informed me I would have to shock my pool every week during the summer. After making my purchase, I decided there has to be an alternative. I began my research online and found trouble free pools. I then returned all my purchases to Leslie’s and invested in the taylor-100 kit. I know its October and I only have a month left here in Texas, but being the excited pool owner, I want to get familiar with maintaining my pool. I just need someone to review my plan of attack. Based on my test results, I believe I should add muriatic acid first and bring down my ph. Next I should add cya to the pool. Then slam my pool to get rid of the algae. After I pass an overnight FC drop test, I can drop my free chlorine down to regular levels. I should also not worry about calcium hardness? How long do I slam for? how do i perform an overnight FC drop test?
First test results.
FC-0
PH-8.2
CH-200
TA-200
CYA-0

Recommend levels
Fc-3-7
Ph7.5-7.8
Ta 70-90
Ch 350 (?)
Cya 30-50

Rosenberg,Tx 8600 gallon AG vinyl pool intex 0.5 hp sand filter 1600 gph. pool built 07/2014 taylor-100 test kit

I was going to say you got away cheap at Leslie's for only $100, but Isee you returned what they sold you:whoot:

From you post you are asking the right questions and Jason has pointed you to the Pool School.
As to your question, I'll jump in and answer two:

I should also not worry about calcium hardness?
Generally, no not with a vinyl pool. But, while you don't need to add it it can get too high if your fill water is high CH. I'm not sure of the water in your area, but you current CH shows that the water coming out of your hose may be a little high.
How long do I slam for?
You SLAM until you are done. There is no set answer. The directions in Pool School will tell you what to do, but just follow them and don't get discouraged. Some people get disappointed if it's not dine in a couple of days and stop by Leslie's for magic in a bottle or a neighbor gives them something special. Resist, chlorine is your friend!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.