Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Heaters for in-ground pool with spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Heaters for in-ground pool with spa

Hi Everyone, I hope you can help us.
    We have a 36,000 gallon in ground pool with a hot tub/spa. Our heater just died and here it is September, the beginning of the pool heater season! We have a family friend who is certified to install a new gas heater but he won't recommend a specific brand (just in case it backfires on him I guess). We have been researching brands and now we are more confused then ever!

All recommendations and suggestions would be helpful

Specifics for the heater: Natural gas, 400,000 btu, digital (we must be able to switch pool, pool and spa, or just spa). Someday we would like to add the app that allows us to control it remotely from our phone, but not at this time.

We don't want the most expensive, nor the cheapest, and don't want a lot of bells and whistles and moving parts that will break; just a simple, efficient heater.
    Pentair and Jandy are both good brands but they have too many choices! HELP!!! We need this now!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Heaters for in-ground pool with spa

Welcome to TFP!!!

It seems that Raypak seems to get the best reviews in this forum from member who are in the industry and have to deal with installs and repairs.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Heaters for in-ground pool with spa

THANK YOU! I appreciate you taking time to answer!