Protective Cover For Motor

LarryG

Jun 3, 2014
Lee County, FL
Hi, folks! New, first-time pool owner here. Love this forum!

Just replaced our motor. Asked the tech if he had any recommendations for extending its life. He advised getting a cover for the motor... as the heat and humidity in FL was the major cause of its early demise. He said they run around $17.

Wanted to check with our group of experts here on this as well.

Also, what's your projection on the average life expectancy of this pump (US Motors, 1 hp, 3450 rpm, 230/115 volts, 60 hz)?

Thanks in advance.

Protection from the elements is a good idea. I have yet to do it myself, but plan to add a cover over all my equipment.

No telling how long a motor will last, could be 2 years, could be 10+

I have two pumps, side by side. I just bought an inexpensive storage bin which would fit over both. Flipped it upside down and cut out the front and back so that it sets over both pumps motors. It shields them from the sun, protects from rain, yet allows plenty of air circulation for cooling. Best part is the bin only cost $6 at Home Depot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.