pool close chlorine ??

Aug 28, 2013
Oxford, MD 21654
This is my first full season with a new fiberglass 14K gal pool. Last season the pool company the installed closed the pool. This year I have been follow the forum and I have been extremely happy with the ease of maintenance of the pool.
I am in the process of closing for the season. Everything is pretty much put away I am just waiting for the water temp to get below 65. The cover is still off, but the leaves have not fallin’ so I am waiting on this. Here are my readings from the full test I did this past weekend:
FC 6.5
CC <0.5
pH 7.4
TA 70
CH 270
CYA 70
Salt 3200
Temp 70
As of now I am turning off my SWG because the chlorine level what to keep climbing.
This brings me to my question….If I leaving the SWG on I think I will generate enough chlorine to bring my level up to shock, or close….Is this good enough for closing? Or should I still add bleach?

Thanks
Dave

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Sounds like you have a good bit longer to wait before the water gets below 60 degrees which we recommend before closing the pool.

It does not matter how you raise the FC level, although it is faster to just use bleach and thus not add "wear" on the SWG cell. I would just turn the SWG output down to maintain the correct FC levels until the water temp drops and then add a couple bottles of bleach.

When it's time to take your FC to shock level I would just use bleach. Quicker that way and save on cell life.
If you can wait to close until the water temp gets into the 50's and open at the same temp you'll have clear water. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.