Let me first begin by stating very clearly that I'm a pool designer and builder from Singapore, and that I have no affiliation whatsoever with Waterco or any other pool product company.
TFP has been of immeasurable help in the course of my education, and the Pool School has been vital in allowing me to understand pool chemistry and care methods. I do appreciate greatly the posts by chem geek amongst many others.
This is why I'm writing here today(my first post) - I understand that a recent thread has been closed because of suspicion over the identity of several of the posters. I do not want to step on any toes so do let me know if you have any problems with this post.
I have a client right now who is highly interested in the Hydroxypure system. I am naturally skeptical about non-chlorinated and no-SWG systems, and have often dissuaded my clients against using them. However, I did encounter the Hydroxypure system at Piscine Splash Singapore in 2013 and have been impressed with the product. Consequently I asked for any test reports they might have and they have been sitting in my inbox the past year. I understand there are some doubts regarding the efficacy of peroxide as far as killing bacteria goes. The following is what Waterco replied with last year:
- Efficacy Sanitizers – this is the standard that the Waterco Brand hydrogen Peroxide was tested to
- Registered Pool Sanitising Products – The product that Waterco has registered on the list is Sanosil Super (50% concentration)
- Registered Spa Water Sanitising Products – The product that Waterco has registered on the list is Spa Poppit Spa Conditioner, Clarifier & Bacteriacide(15% concentration)
- ALS Test Report – independent test report with Hydroxypure system on high load domestic pool 60,000 litres.
- Plate Testing Guide used as part of the ALS testing procedure.
My question is if the addition of Sanosil Super and Spa Poppit does make any difference, and if it does, would any of you feel it's a sufficiently safe product to install in a residential pool?
Again, I appreciate any insight you guys might have.