Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to re-callibrate Compu Pool CPSC Series?

1. Back To Top    #1

port charlotte florida

How to re-callibrate Compu Pool CPSC Series?

Well new to the forum so hi to all.
    I too have a CPSC24 and unbeknown to me as I live in the UK for 11 months and my holiday house in Florida for 1 month my pool guy had detected no Chlorine despite adding lots of Salt...His take on it was put chlorine tabs in a tub once a week! Which kinda defeats the object of the saltwater pool dont you agree? The system is some 4 years old and when i cam out this year (sept 2014) i could see the cell was covered head to toe in calcium deposits and the water flow light was on despite there being adequate water flow. I decided that I would start a fresh..Cleaned the cell in acid till it was clean , added three bags of salt and took a water sample to my local pool day hey presto!! All seemed well with no lights!! I thought it was fixed but next day add salt light was on so back to the pool shop with a sample. They said salt was 2900ppm so add another bag which i did.. back up to the pool store for a full free water test. 3500ppm salt but no chlorine! Add a shock and press the superchlor which i did. today add salt light on again!!! Called compupool who said 4 years for that cell in Florida isnt going to happen, go outside and take a look at the compupool water temp dial..If it reads 69 ( which it did ) then the cell is dead and get a new one..Have just ordered a new cell at $300 so hopefully here in two days and I will install and see how it goes..lets hope it was the cell and not a board fault or re calibration fault! Any one re-assure me please !!

2. Back To Top    #2

Peoria, IL

Re: How to re-callibrate Compu Pool CPSC Series?

If you were talking to compupool customer service and they said that the cell was bad, I am sure they are correct. Sounds like they walked you thru some sort of diagnostics to rule out the control box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois