Alternatives to polyquat?

Victor

Aug 4, 2012
Girard, OH
Hello all, I'm in day 2 of my slam before closing and I pick this up at the pool supply store did not see polyquat. Will this be ok or should I try to find polyquat? Also do I need to let my FC drop before adding algaecide? Thanks in advance!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411411051.511149.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411411062.393276.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Algaecide 50 is a linear quat so while it works as an algaecide, it can also cause foaming and it also breaks down more quickly from chlorine so has noticeably higher chlorine demand. Up to you whether you want to use it -- you could try it and if you don't like it then can discard it. I presume you are only talking about using it for closing the pool, correct? Algaecide is not needed when you are maintaining the pool at the proper chlorine level relative to the cyanuric acid level (i.e. following Pool School recommendations).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.