We just bought a house with a pool, and have never owned one, so excuse my ignorance when it comes to pools! Our pump has recently quit, we tired to replace the capacitor, and it looks like its the bearings. I've been told its very costly to replace the bearings/motor, so we have decided to go ahead and purchase a new pump. Our pool is approx 15,000 Gallons.
We currently have a hayward Super Pump 3/4 HP (c48j2n131b1 see attached), and were looking to replace it with a
- Hayward super pump 1hp or
-Hayward Maxflo 1hp
I have three questions:
1. Is it a bad idea to go from 3/4 to 1 hp? The pump was getting quite hot and the pool technician said this could be from overworking
2. Should we get a variable speed? We are going to put the pump on timer as the evenings get very cool here in the summer.
3. What is the difference between a super pump and Maxflo? Are there are pros/cons to either?
Thank you for any help you can provide
- a very confused new pool owner