12x12 continuous perimeter structural bond beam
6"-8" walls and floors
8"-10" coves

Decking
372 brushed
With deck drains
4" piping

Interior finish
Premium White plaster w/ meta max & start uptecImageUploadedByTapatalk1411370456.670794.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411370491.197089.jpg

It looks beautiful. I am outside of Fort Worth (one of the more rural burbs) and had a pool "facelift" done recently. My only advice is to maybe think about the white plaster. We get a lot of dirt blowing around - maybe it isn't so bad if you are in Ft. Worth proper. I bought a pool with light blue paint on it and every speck of dirt showed - I would think it would be similar with white. We ended up doing grey plaster. Part of the reason was an attempt to kind of camouflage some of the dirt. It really hides the dirt that blows in. Grey isn't without its other problems, so be sure to research that. We are very happy that we went with plaster over another finish. It is so smooth! We also had our pool deck stained a color that blends in well with the dirt color. It is nearly impossible to see any dust/dirt on the pool deck. It was a different color before the redo, and everything showed on it.

It is a lovely layout. Just beautiful.

V
Oh heck, I just looked at your picture again and saw that it is Seahorse. I used them. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I was very very happy with their work, with their subs, and with the amount of hand holding they did with me.

Glad to read you were happy with them. I just got a good vibe. I told them what I liked and how I wanted to maximize the side area ... They nailed the design!

- - - Updated - - -

Very pretty. If you can spring for it, I'd change to LED lights.

Im already over budget but that is one of the things I'd like to upgrade

Need advise opinions on the equipment... I have 2 bids same pool specs but different equipment ...

Equipment
PUMP - Intelliflow VS
Filter - 420 sq ft cartridge
No backwash
Pool cleaner - m4 robotic
Heater - 400k BTU
BLOWER - 1 hp silencer
Other - inline chlorinator
Easy touch 4 p.s. W/ remote

Electrical
Easy touch controls
200' run
1 500w pool light
1 60 w pool light

Vs
703a417a3498ff5046061ad7ff31da53.jpg
3c018b33fb6cc396ecdb789821741349.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
- - - Updated - - -

Im already over budget but that is one of the things I'd like to upgrade

Ha! Weren't we all! Good luck with your build!

Ha, Ha, Ha... yes. :shock:

I love this design you guys have. I would be +1 for the LED upgrade. As far as the equipment, I heard good things about both Pentair and Jandy when I was researching our pool. Both back their stuff with a 3 year warranty if you have multiple pieces of equipment. I really liked the Jandy PDA thing. But the builder we ultimately went with uses Pentair and they have a great reputation and I'd rather they deal with something they are used to programing rather than something new. I wouldn't make the brand the deal breaker, I'd go with whatever comes with the pool builder, but thats just me. I think both manufacturers have their fans and foes on here.

I'm fairly sure what kind of cleaner you pick either builder will do it. Many people like the robotic cleaners. We chose to do a pressure side cleaner because once its plumbed for it, its plumbed. If it sucks you can switch to a robot. But we have a lot of trees that drop leaves so that was a factor for us - also I'm lazy and I knew I'd leave that robot in the pool and didn't think it would be great for the electronics to have to live with me. But thats a discussion you can find lots of opinions over on the cleaner forum. The only difference would be if you went with Pentair and a Pentair Racer pressure side cleaner, you'd get 3 years of warranty on the cleaner too. Since I discounted the robots early on, I don't remember what kind of warranty they come with.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.