Is CH important in AG Pool?

Sep 8, 2014
Augusta, GA
Due to the volume of information that I have been reading over the past few weeks I need clarification as I thought that I read somewhere that the things I should be concerned with in my AG pool are FC, CC, PH, and CYA. Is that correct or should I be testing all of them several times a week?

Here is my test result from today.

Water Temp 77.1
FC-2.8 (already added bleach to bring up to a target of 4)
CC-0.2
PH-7.4
CYA-50
CH-60
TA-120

Due to the volume of information that I have been reading over the past few weeks I need clarification as I thought that I read somewhere that the things I should be concerned with in my AG pool are FC, CC, PH, and CYA. Is that correct or should I be testing all of them several times a week?

Here is my test result from today.

Water Temp 77.1
FC-2.8 (already added bleach to bring up to a target of 4)
CC-0.2
PH-7.4
CYA-50
CH-60
TA-120
You only worry about CH in a vinyl pool if it gets too high, so you downat to test it occasionally.

FC, CC & pH daily

TA weekly or so

CYA beginning of swim season and then again in the middle or if you change a lot of water for some reason.

Also, it appears you are using 25 mL sample for 0.2 ppm accuracy. You can go ahead and use 10 mL sample for 0.5 ppm accuracy. It will save you reagents and is close enough for us.

Thanks for the clarification as well as the prompt reply. I've come so far in such a short time and am very thankful for the wealth of knowledge and the willingness of others to help those of us who are new to TFP in gaining both knowledge and confidence. :lovetfp:

One thing I'd like to comment on is your FC target. You already fell below your min for your CYA level. Your min for your CYA level is 4. You should use Pool Math ranges and that would be a target FC of 7-8 and never below 4. You get some wiggle room at that FC target so you don't fall below your min.
Everything else looks good and don't worry about your CH unless it's very high. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.