SWG Switch Stahled

arin

Sep 21, 2013
Lincoln, Ca.
This past friday our pool builder installed SWG on our one year old pool. My work travel doesn't allow me to dose regularly so I am switching over. On friday I added enough liquid conditioner to move up to estimated 70 CYA. Unfortunately the pool builder had an issue with the SWG unit reading to high salt (code) and the cell not producing. They are going to return sometime next week but in the meantime I want to run proper FC. The pool builder dumped salt into the pool I used test strips to check 1340ppm testing twice to verify. Builder put 320 pounds into 12,500 gallon pool. I assume my safest course of action is to run FC at 8??

Treat this as a non-SWG pool until the SWG is working so according to the Chlorine / CYA Chart for 70 ppm CYA this means a minimum FC of 5 ppm but as you note you should target higher to make sure you don't go below that minimum. Usually pools lose 2-3 ppm FC per day so 8 ppm FC sounds reasonable if you check the chlorine every day.

And invest in a Taylor K-1776 saltwater test kit if you are going SWG. The strips were never the most accurate thing in my experience and it is a pretty easy test to throw into the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.