Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG Switch Stahled

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG Switch Stahled

This past friday our pool builder installed SWG on our one year old pool. My work travel doesn't allow me to dose regularly so I am switching over. On friday I added enough liquid conditioner to move up to estimated 70 CYA. Unfortunately the pool builder had an issue with the SWG unit reading to high salt (code) and the cell not producing. They are going to return sometime next week but in the meantime I want to run proper FC. The pool builder dumped salt into the pool I used test strips to check 1340ppm testing twice to verify. Builder put 320 pounds into 12,500 gallon pool. I assume my safest course of action is to run FC at 8??
    12,500 Gallon PebbleFina Pool, Jandy CV#460 Filter, Jandy 1.5HP Variable Speed Pump, Jandy PLC1400,Aqualink RS, Clear O3 Ozone, Jandy Pro Series Color LED, 300 Sq.Ft. Heliocoil Solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG Switch Stahled

Treat this as a non-SWG pool until the SWG is working so according to the Chlorine / CYA Chart for 70 ppm CYA this means a minimum FC of 5 ppm but as you note you should target higher to make sure you don't go below that minimum. Usually pools lose 2-3 ppm FC per day so 8 ppm FC sounds reasonable if you check the chlorine every day.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank You!
    12,500 Gallon PebbleFina Pool, Jandy CV#460 Filter, Jandy 1.5HP Variable Speed Pump, Jandy PLC1400,Aqualink RS, Clear O3 Ozone, Jandy Pro Series Color LED, 300 Sq.Ft. Heliocoil Solar.

4. Back To Top    #4

And invest in a Taylor K-1776 saltwater test kit if you are going SWG. The strips were never the most accurate thing in my experience and it is a pretty easy test to throw into the rotation.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois