Thoughts on this setup for winter cover....

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
Been trying to figure out how I'm going to anchor cover on this pool.... Stumbled across this idea on a whim.... Using rail caps to secure cover. Allowed enough extra inside pool for expansion when cover fills with rainwater/ snow so it won't rip.

Thoughts?

imagejpg1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wind gets under my cover a lot. I just saw a wrap that you put around the cover for 22 at pool world. . I'm thinking of trying that this year. The caps on my pool are 2 pieces and screwed on so I can't do that. Hope it works for you.
We use the cover wrap, 3rd winter, and it definitely does its job! My pool gets the brunt of winter storm winds and never have had any issues with cover coming off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For me it wasn't the wind so much as it was the force of it after it gets under the cover. You might not be chasing the cover but those caps are going to come off or break. I promise you that. They are not strong enough to hold that cover in place. Now if you get that wrap and wrap you might salvage them but the wind will still blow the cover around which is what will flip those caps off or rip the cover. Once its ripped the wind will have it off in no time. I hate to sound like Debbie Downer but just being realistic.

instead of using critical parts of your pool, I would suggest weaving in rope/cable around pool, hanging jugs of water/sand, and then wraping top edge in plastic shrink wrap to help keep wind out of pool.... i did all of that without the wrap last year and was 100% successful... doing the wrap to keep wind down this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.