Pump overheating, is there an internal cooling fan in an Intex swg/sand pump?

Jun 22, 2012
I have an Intex swg/sand pump. It was working fine until yesterday. It quit running. It was over heated and smelled weird. I was blowing out the bottom with air compressor to make sure the vents were clear. I could here something blowing around in the case. I removed the screws for the cover, couldn't completely remove cover. Two things fell out, four square, clear pieces of plastic AND chunks of a small snake. Is there an internal cooling fan in the case? Did the snake kill my pump? Thanks for any help!

I can't find any info about any pump replacement parts online. Just fittings, orings, and valves. You can call them, but I bet that's not a part they sell separately. If it was me, I would get a bottle of gorilla glue and glue those blades back on. They should have virtually no stress on them pushing air, and gorilla glue is crazy strong anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.