New, England
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I'm still unclear about how exactly antifreeze gets added to the lines effectively.

Is it ok, once I've blown out and sealed the skimmers and returns, to then unseal each skimmer and dump antifreeze in? Or is this just a waste of time?

How does antifreeze get added to the lines properly for closing?

It will depend on how much you lower the water. I lower mine to just below the skimmer opening.

For the returns, I add the antifreeze from the pump end after the returns are blown out.

For the skimmer, I blow it out and add part of the antifreeze from each end. Then I seal it.

It is all about how it is set up. I have auto over so I keep my water level and normal swimming level. I plug the skimmer plate, open up the valve at the pump and blow the line clear from the skimmer side. When clear I add about 4 gallons of antifreeze for good measure and quickly bump the blower to push thru line. Install skimmer protector plug and pour another gallon of antifreeze in skimmer. The returns I blow out from the pump side. Close valve and hook up blower vac. Turn on vac and open valve. Air will take path of least resistance, the closest return. When it is going like ole faithful I install a 1 1/2" plug and move to next one. When I get to last one I use a one way valve plug. When it blows tons of air I repeat the antifreeze trick and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.