Looking for Hot Tub

Sep 20, 2014
New York
Hey Experts,

Am New to pool industry , Want to start a HOt Tub.
So need you guys all suggestions? What should be normal size?
How to and where to set up?
What should I have to do for cleaning water?
Either need to use any Chemical which keeps water fresh?

I would suggest spending some time doing some research on the models that are on the market, and give some thought to how you want to use it. There is no right Hot Tub for everyone, just like there is no right automobile. A small 2 or 3 person tub might be right for you if you are working with very limited space and don't plan to use it for entertaining on the other hand if you are looking for a bit social entertaining tub you might be better off looking for something in the 10-12 person size range. (expect real capacity of a hot tub to be around half to two thirds the rated capacity). Also like most things some brands are better than others, and the better ones tend to cost more.

On the topic of water maintenance you will need to test for pH and FC (chlorine), and adjust both as needed, many hot tubs do also benefit from the use of ozonators which can help break down combined chlorine compounds in heavier use tubs. Many people around here endorse the dichlor then switch to bleach method of chlorination which will maximize how long your water will last before it needs to be changed. You will also have cartridge filters that will need to be cleaned periodically and replaced once every year or two depending on the type. Even with proper maintenance hot tub water will need to be drained and replaced periodically, I have a fairly small hot tub, and find I have to change my water about every 3 months or else it starts looking dull and feeling off. I hope this helps some, and would be glad to give more specific advice if you can narrow down what you are looking for a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.