Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I can't find the Capacitor

1. Back To Top    #1

Downey, CA

I can't find the Capacitor

I am trying to find out where the Capacitor is for a Gould Century 1081 Pool Pump Duty would be?

I opened the back of it and found a very small looking item that may have been the capacitor but it was about .75 inches tall and about 1.25 wide. It had no markings on it.

Most of the pool pump capacitors online look to be about 2.5 inches x 1.25 wide.

Please let me know if you guys have any insight on this pool pump and if the capacitor is located elsewhere.

I made sure that the impeller moved freely
    I opened the pump area and made sure it was free of debris
    I hit the side of the motor with a hammer a few times and it starts. It starts a few times before it starts humming again.

I also opened my Spa-Temp power supply area and it had about 5-6 Schrack RM103006. They didn't look like capacitors. They were clear boxes with about 4 wires going to each. One of them had a tiny dark area that may have been burnt from the inside. Could that be the capacitor and should I replace that thing? They all said 6V on it.

Thank you guys for your help.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: I can't find the Capacitor

Can you post photos of what you have?
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3
    Orange County, California

Re: I can't find the Capacitor

Here's a link to a manual that covers troubleshooting the capacitor in your motor.

- - - Updated - - -

And welcome to TFP!
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter